Sunday, August 16, 2009

Done!

Whoohoo! I am happy dancing over this finish. I am really glad that it is finished. Unfortunately, as with most photos of cross stitch, the picture really does not do it justice. Admittedly, this is one of the more complicated patterns I have contended with because the graph was on one page but the stitches were on another so it was not always clear where to start, on the line, next to the line, two threads over, etc. This made it a little frustrating for me and led to a bit of frogging. But I really did enjoy it overall. I just know that I have to be more careful.. They really create beautiful pieces and they are so cheerful. I really appreciate that they use really good quality material in their kits.

I will probably not be able to start any new projects this week. I probably will not be able to blog much either. It is our annual audit at work, so as an accountant, I am up at bat, so to speak. I imagine that I will be working some long hours this week, which I really do not mind. I probably won't be feeling like doing much, that's all.

I had a nice quiet day today. It was really rather cold, so I lit a fire in the fireplace. Liesl got to take a nice nap most of the afternoon. We ended up going for a nice walk this evening before dinner. It was a bit cool and misty, but overall, a really nice evening. I love quiet days like this.

Hope you had a great weekend, too. Have a great week!

No comments: