Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Liesl!

Liesl turned "terrier-able" two today! She had a wonderful day at work with me today. Everyone was very nice to her and told her happy birthday. One really nice person even brought her a special puppy cookie from a doggie bakery that was shaped like a birthday cake and was decorated with a bone. The "icing" almost looked like royal icing and the cookie was beautiful. It even had sprinkles. It was the most I have ever seen her enjoy a cookie. She licked that icing off for a long time, then broke the cookie in little bits. She looked sad when it was gone. LOL Don't worry, she was not sad for too long. She got her favorite dinner tonight of chicked breast and sweet potatoes. She is happy again. LOL

The picture above is of her when she was about 4 months old and had been with us about two weeks. She was about 8 pounds, as opposed to her 16-18 lbs. now (about 5 lbs in cookies.) It is hard to believe she is two. It flew by. She came from a bad situation, and her coat was all brittle, and she just was not in great shape. Now she is beautiful and healthy, thank goodness. She is also spoiled beyond belief. I am so grateful she came into my life. Above all else, she makes me laugh, is a great cuddler, and takes her job as my protector very seriously. She does not mind when she has my tears on her neck, and she is just a great all around companion. While she is spoiled with toys and cookies, I think I get the far better end of the deal.

I have not stitched today, things were just a bit too busy. However, I am reading a really good book, called "Michaelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling." So far it is a really good book with alot of historical information, but written in a really interesting way. I am finding it quite enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

Have a great Wednesday.

1 comment:

Patti said...

My almost 4 year old Miniature Schnauzer Reggie says:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LIESL!!

Reggie wishes he lived closer to Liesl so he could play and share cookies with her....that cookie sounded delicious!

(another) Patti !