Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Nice Saturday

Today was a nice day. We had a few errands to run, but nothing that was too yucky or crazy. We had to run into Costco to get some fish for dinner, but ended up kind of poking around in there, as well. I got some new, warm pj's (I love pajamas!) and a new wooly throw for the living room, which is extra soft and comfy. DH got a new cookbook that he is super excited about. He got Martha Stewart's Cupcake book. The photos are terrific and the recipes are not intimidating. We were hooked with the triple citrus cupcakes, and the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcake. We are eager to try them out asap. I believe that cupcakes are truly happy food. Just thinking about a cupcake makes one smile. I also like the fact that you have some portion control over your dessert intake.

We also got to poke around in Border's because DH was looking for a gift. I was hoping to find the new Garrison Keillor book. Alas, it was not in stock. I love Garrison Keillor, and the book is not available for Kindle, so now I have to find the book in hardback, at a reasonable price. I know, "Good luck with that..." LOL

DH is hooked on the free reader offered by Barnes and Noble for his Blackberry. It came with 6 free books. He is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula and is really enjoying it. They have the same $9.99 a book deal as Amazon. Many titles are less. He told me that it would be way too easy to keep downloading books to his Blackberry. This is the problem with restraint that I have with the Kindle. It is too easy, reasonably priced, and there on the screen in mere seconds. We both love books and are a bit weak about them.

It was really a fun day. I am glad I got to hang out with DH.

No comments: