Sunday, November 13, 2011

Grateful

I must have totally overdone it the past couple of days without realizing it.  I totally overslept and missed church.  I was feeling really badly about it, and then I remembered that church is everywhere.  It was a beautiful morning, so Liesl and I went to the dog beach in Carmel.  The beach at Carmel is so beautiful and I am with a small dog who is so joyful that I can not help but feel how fortunate I am.  I feel so grateful in these moments that I remember that it is a form of church.  

I love watching Liesl at the beach.  She is in a state of bliss running into the water, chasing her ball, and meeting the other dogs.  She just looks so happy.  I love walking with her, smelling the salt, feeling the cool ocean mist on my face, and the warmth of the sun on me.  There are times I look at the view and the sheer beauty of it takes my breath.  I am blessed to be able to live here in such an amazing place.

Liesl slept the rest of the day, while I watched the race and puttered around the house.  She had her weekly bath (that beard collects dirt like nobody's business.)  She just got up a couple of times for her loves,  kisses and neck scratches.  

It has been a really good weekend.  I got a lot done, but mostly, I have spent most of my weekend walking in gratitude.   I am grateful for the blessing of my house, my little Liesl, my family, friends, job, and all of the love in my life.  I am grateful to live in a place of so much natural beauty, for gorgeous sunsets, and the sense of serenity and peace in my life.  

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks for such a nice reminder of all that we have to be thankful for!