Thursday, April 5, 2012

Everyone Knows It Windy...

Oh my goodness, we have had two days of wind storms in the evening.   The car was buffering against the wind and I could see others fighting the wind, too.  As I was driving home in the evening the sand is blowing off the dunes across the highway.  It was strangely beautiful as the sun is behind it.  It was also beautiful to see the dunes resculpting themselves.  Then I remembered, "Oh, yeah, my paint job on my car is getting naturally sand blasted right now."  No bueno.  I have come home the past two nights to find my cute plants from my little porch blown all over my front yard.  Grrrr.

Maybe it was the wind or the fact I have not been able to stay awake past 9:15 the past two nights, but I came home and was highly productive.  I braved the wind, put my hair up in a ponytail and went out and planted my tomato plants.  I decided to spring for Miracle Grow this time.  Everyone that I know swears by it.  I would love to have lots of tomatoes.  After that I transplanted some bedding plants and started putting together a large color bowl.  I was having a good time.  

Liesl decided that she had not been the center of attention for a while (it is a schnauzer thing,)  She brought me a toy and shoved it into the back of my knee so I would not miss the fact that she was there and ready to play. We usually go through several toys when we play.  I am trying to teach her to drop them so I can throw them again.  I got some really good advice on it from people at work.  So we will have to work on it.  She is such an amazingly smart little dog and is a pretty quick learner so it should not take too long,

After all of the activity I decided to get started on my weekend chores.  I got my kitchen all scrubbed and shiny.  It looks and smells purty.  I am having company for Easter so I am glad to have a head start on getting stuff done.  I also got my living room all clean.  Now I just have to work on my shopping list for Easter dinner.  It should be a lot of fun.  Of course, I have church tomorrow night and Sunday.  Since I was able to get my living room and kitchen all clean, I may even have time to stitch.  Whoohoo.  

Well, it has been a really good day.  It is a bit cold so I have to go tuck in the furry one.  She makes these cute little noises that are almost like purring when I tuck her in.  Outside the wind is still shaking the house.  It is nice to be inside and under my blankets, too.  It looks like I have made it all the way to 9:30 tonight.  I am livin' large!

No comments: