Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Snug As A Bug

It was rainy all afternoon today.  Liesl and I came home and felt like being lazy.  I had a list of things I wanted to do but decided the best thing to do was to honor the fact that I was a bit tired.  I just decided to be cozy in my warmest and softest jammies.  Liesl napped after her dinner in various spots before putting herself to bed early.  I just tucked her in a few minutes ago.  She loves to be tucked in and given her kisses.  She is making soft puppy snores.

I love being home when it is raining.  I love that pattering sound on the roof and the splashing sound of cars driving by.  I love being in the warmth and coziness of the cottage knowing that outside it is rainy and blustery.  I love the quiet of it all.  I am quite happy and content when it rains, knowing that my flowers are being fed with minerals and nutrients from the rain, and that everything will smell really fresh in the morning.

It is really quiet right now on my street and in my home.  It feels so peaceful.  I think I will say my prayers of gratitude for another good day, for rain, and for a peaceful evening at home with one that I love so much.

No comments: