Monday, January 7, 2013

A Quick Post Tonight

I am just writing a quick post this evening.  I woke up tired this morning, so I am going to bed early tonight.  Liesl thinks this is a perfect idea, and made her happy schnauzer trot to the bedroom when I told her it was time for bed.  She needs to get her full 22 1/2 hours of sleep a day.  :)

I have had a few questions about the pattern for the Hardanger Heart Ornament.  It is by Calico Crossroads and is one of the ornaments in the 2003 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue.  If you have this issue or can possibly get one, there are several cute ornaments in it.  I like the elegance of this piece.  I think it could probably be left out all winter instead of putting it away with the rest of the decorations.  It would be kind of nice on a doorknob or cabinet pull.

I was so happy to see Shirley MacLaine on Downton Abbey last night.  I thought that she and Maggie Smith together were priceless.  There were some really great one liners but my favorite was Shirley serenading Maggie.   I wish I could count all of the sub plots going on at any given time on this show.  Wow!   I just love it.  I have to wonder if it is so popular because we are so hungry for quality television.  While I do have my guilty pleasure reality shows, Downton Abbey is far more entertaining.  

Well, my eyelids are now at the critical heavy point.  I had better go tuck in my schnauzer girl and reflect on all that I am grateful for today.  

No comments: