Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Knitting

I have had some really pretty yarn calling to me from out of my stash lately.  This is a super soft, really pretty acrylic yarn that I bought several years ago.  It has varying shades of olive green along with some browns.  It came with a free pattern for a scarf that is stockinette stitch.  This is basically something I can handle. I have not knit for a long time, so I am afraid my stitches are a bit uneven.  I may have to pull it out and start over.  I only have an hour invested so far, so we see how it looks in tomorrow's light.   

This yarn is made by Lion Brand and is called "Amazing."  It is so unbelievably soft.  It was sort of weird because as I took it out of the paper cuff, Liesl got up to sniff it.  For some reason she has always wanted to sniff yarns.  I think it started a when she was about 2.  We went to a yarn shop and the owner of the shop, was a dog momma herself and was holding the different yarns up to her nose to sniff.  I am wondering if she just liked smelling the different animals associated with the yarns (although this is acrylic.)  I have not had new yarn out in a couple of years, I would guess.  However, she came right over, sniffed the ball, then proceeded to try to pilfer it.  I leave my craft stuff out all of the time and she never pays any attention to it.  I see that I will have to make sure this is up high.

My little knitting circle is actually getting together this week after a rather long hiatus.  I am wracking my brain trying to think of a most excellent dessert to bring.  Each person in the group is a really talented cook so I need to keep up!  :)  I have a feeling I will have visions of sugarplums dancing in my head as I sleep.  

It is nice to knit again.  It has a certain rhythm that is rather soothing.  I just hope I get to finish this scarf this winter...





No comments: