Saturday, January 5, 2013

Perfect Day

Well, here is the finished front of my Hardanger heart.  I am finishing up the back and it will be good to go!  The gold braid actually twinkles a bit more than it show here.  It is quite pretty up close.

I was happy to work on this today.  It was a rainy and dreary day and I had a sore throat all day.  So we camped out on the sofa.  Liesl napped away.  I stitched and had my hot cider and windmill cookies next to me.  I was under my heated throw.  The best part was that I finally got to see what all the hub bub was about with Downton Abbey.  I watched a marathon while I stitched.  (Do we watch shows one episode at a time anymore?)  Okay, this show is brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.   I have always loved Maggie Smith, but, oh my goodness, I think this is the best thing she has ever done. It was a perfect way to spend a rainy day.  

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, too.  I am hoping it is clear while I am at church.  Then it can rain again when I get home.  Actually, if I can squeeze in a walk with Liesl first, that would be awesome.  She does not like to have raindrops touch her.

Off to dream about what I should stitch next...

4 comments:

Terri said...

Your hardanger heart is gorgeous! I would love to know the designer and pattern name!

Patti said...

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your kind words. The pattern is by Calico Crossroads. It can be found in the 2003 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments.

Hope this helps!
Patti

Jane in Wisconsin said...

I love your hardanger piece. Can you tell us who designed this piece?

Martha said...

hi. I found the link to your blog in my blogger statistics and thought I'd check the place :)
this is beautiful stitching, almost like an angellic heart in white and gold. I'm not familiar with the hardanger techniques but I do admire stuff made win them.