Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hardanger Heart

Here is my progress on my Hardanger Heart ornament.  I was able to get half of the pine boughs stitched tonight.   It had somehow slipped my mind that stitching with gold braid = no fun.  Trying to get the stitches to lay right is like herding cats.  However, I think it is turning out pretty well.  After this, I just have to finish the other half of the pine boughs, attach the beading and it shall be done.  

Now the challenge becomes, do I work on more ornaments, which I am enjoying?  Or should I go back and work on my fruit bell pull?  I would really like to stitch some of the MLI Christmas angels.  I will have to wait and see what inspires me. 

I somehow forgot to mention that my daughter got me one of those heated throws for Christmas.  It is the height of decadence and is perfect for taking a nap under or sitting on while I stitch.  I am worried that a certain little dog will find out about the magic blanket.  If that happens, it will no longer be mine...

Happy day!

1 comment:

Grit said...

This looks beautiful.
Liebe Grüße Grit