Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Perfect Weekend

This was a really wonderful weekend.  Between studying and taking all of those exams the past few weeks a lot of things had gone by the wayside.  It felt so good to get my house back in order, get my laundry done and, of course, play with the Furry One.  She made sure that I made up for lost time on belly rubs.  I even got to play in my craft room yesterday and got all of my Valentine's made.  

The past few days I have really been feeling so grateful for all of the good things in my life.  There has been a magical feeling of joy and the realization that I have truly beautiful people in my life and so many blessings. 

Today was another perfect day.  I had such a great morning at church.  I love that moment, too, when I come home and get to change out of Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes into my sweats.  The hair goes up into a ponytail and an afternoon of fun lies before me.  A lot of times this includes a nap.  Naps are awesome and can change your total outlook on a day.

This afternoon was actually pretty productive.  I got a few things done, including the whole week's homework for a business class I am taking. (I know, I am nuts.)   I played with Liesl and gave her lots of kissies on her sweet head.  She is such an awesome little dog.  I got my Valentines addressed, retidied the house, had a great dinner, then settled into an evening of Downton Abbey.  I even got to start making some Chrismons for church this Christmas.  Life is good.

This is the last weekend without NASCAR.  Next weekend Tony Stewart, starts racing again, which means my after church outfit includes a Smoke tee shirt   It is going to be a good year for the number 14 car.  I expect to see him in Victory Lane a lot!  He always waves to me when he wins...

Hope you had a great weekend, too.  Wishing you a great week ahead.




No comments: