Sunday, February 24, 2013

Girl Day!

Okay, I have now had four days of celebration and I am now totally pooped.  I just can not go at the rate that I used to!

Today my daughter picked me up to take me to San Jose to go to Stitches! which is the huge, yarn show that is held annually.  Knitters seem to know this show very well.  Every knitter I have ever met asks me if I am going.  Despite my cross stitching tendencies, my daughter invited me to go and to take me to lunch, too.  

Okay, I have been to a few conventions in my life, and I used to go to CATS every year, which was more cross stitch based.  However, I have never seen a textile show this big.  Holy smokes!  It was held at the Santa Clara Convention Center which should have been my first clue.  It was almost sensory overload because there were so many colors and textures and products there.  There were such incredible colors and had such depth.  They had the most gorgeous buttons that just looked like treasure.  My daughter pointed out that this is a vacation destination for many people, who stay at the hotel and everything.  We were fortunate to have it an hour and a half away.  My daughter picked some really beautiful things.  We both share the philosophy that you should only buy at shows what is not readily available locally or online to purchase.   

We walked around and I did not see anything until I happened upon this:
It is a copper metallic yarn that has little sequins woven into it.  Being a redhead, I love copper.  Plus there was a beautiful lacy scarf that was serving as a sample of what you can do with it.  It was so pretty.  All you need for the pattern was one skein like this one.  I like it because it is so different.

On the way home, we stopped for bacon cheeseburgers at Chili's.  Oh my goodness.  It was so good.  (Unfortunately, now I have to get back on the diet.)  It was nice to spend some time with my daughter and learn more about the craft that she loves.  We petted the camel roving, buffalo yarn, musk ox yarn, and cashmere.  We were impressed to see that even Lion Brand has entered into the fine yarn field, including items like cashmere into their product line.

So it has been a wonderful few days.  It has been so fun to celebrate and have fun, but I am looking forward to getting back to real life.  I really treasure my everyday life, my family, my Liesl and my friends.  I feel truly blessed.

No comments: