Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another Perfect Day!


 We awoke to another 100% perfect Monterey Peninsula day.  So off we went to Carmel Beach.  Carmel Beach is Liesl's absolute favorite place in the world. (Mine too!)  It is a dog beach, so all of the doggies are off lead and running free.  For the most part everyone gets along.  We take Liesl's favorite ball.  She runs like the wind to get it, then drops it where she stands so she does not have to bring it back to me.  LOL


As you can see it was a breathtaking day.  The surfers were out in full force.  The dolphins were frolicking in the waves.  If you look closely at this photo, you can see two dorsal fins of dolphin.  



Liesl loves to watch the waves and all of the activity on the beach.  We usually stop at one point and sit down so that she can have her quiet time.  She likes to sit so that I can rub her back.

Here you can see that sandy, wet beard and sand encrusted nose.  She is smiling the smile of a very happy dog.  She was nice and sleepy from her adventure, so we went home where I could get some things done.  

Whilst Sleepy Beauty snoozed away, I did a bunch of cooking for the week.  This included a large quantity of Strawberry Lemonade, Martha Stewart's Soba Noodle Salad, Tuna Salad and an awesome pasta sauce. This helped me to use up a bunch of stuff in the fridge before it went bad.  Plus, during the week, I am generally not feeling it for cooking, so I think it will help to plan ahead.

After cooking palooza, a nap was in order.  I laid down on my bed and read my book and just enjoyed the quiet.  Liesl was up for more napping so it all worked out.  

After an hour of peace, I decided that it was time to do my yard work.  I got my a lot of weeding done and my plants planted.  I was chatting with my lovely neighbor while I worked.  She has a beautiful yard and is a genuinely beautiful person, too.  Last week I came home to a new collard green plant on my front steps.  She said that it would keep me healthy.  :)  She had given one to my neighbor across the street but the snails got it.  So she advised me to put aluminum foil around the rim of my pots.  She told me that the snails can't get across it.  I will definitely have to try it.  I was so happy to get my tomatoes and herbs planted.  My front yard has my new flowers planted and they look awesome.  It makes me happy to look out of my front window.

So, it has been a full, delightful day.  The dishes are washed, the laundry is done, Liesl is in bed.  The only things left for me to do is paint my toenails and do a little studying for work.  What a glorious weekend!



1 comment:

Gloria said...

Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I am going to try your neighbor's tip to deter snails. Can't hurt and might work!