Saturday, April 20, 2013

Oh My Gosh, What A Perfect Day!

Today was so perfect.  We are headed into a warm spell.  The sun was shining.  The sky was a brilliant blue.  It was warm with just a bit of breeze.  We woke up late.  Liesl went out to raise heck with the gophers while I got the coffee started.  It was a nice leisurely morning.  I even got to give Liesl her Spring haircut, which is mostly shaving her shorter.  Then I trimmed up her face.  She started losing patience so I will do her legs another day.  She gets bored but is overall very cooperative.

I had made a massage appointment for after lunch today.  My neck has been hurting all week and I could not turn my head to the right.  I had taken Advil, used hot packs, etc.  My neck feels much better and I feel much more peaceful, too.   It was so beautiful out that I decided to stop by my favorite nursery to look for a couple of plants for my front yard.  I am working on a lovely cottage style garden.  I have not been to the nursery for a while because they are a little out of the way and they are much more expensive than Home Depot.  However, they get in some really unique items and they are super nice and helpful.  I bought four new plants, two of which will grow into lovely bushes.  

On my way home, I thought about the gardening that I would like to do tomorrow.  Then I remembered that I needed to pick up a lavender plant because I had one that did not make it.  So I decided to run into Home Depot.  Home Depot was having a sale on herbs and vegetables in bio-degradable pots.  They were five for $10.  I went a little crazy.  I got a few heirloom tomato plants.  Yum!  It was a beautiful day so the place was packed.


As I was leaving Home Depot, my best friend called to see if I was available to meet for coffee.  I told her that I had to go take my car full of plants home and then I could meet her.  She said that she would just pick up Starbucks and meet me at my house.  When I got home, I unpacked the car and told Liesl that my friend was coming.  Liesl knows certain peoples' names.  She believes that my BFF is actually her BFF and is only here to visit her.  She immediately ran to the window to watch for her company.  My best friend brought Frappucino's and we settled on the sofa and chatted away.  She is so wise and we just get to talk about really cool stuff.

After she left I started making dinner.  I wanted to do something special for Liesl because she is such a good girl all week.  So I made chicken breast, potatoes and broccoli.  These are three of her favorite foods.  She was pretty happy.  

So, word to my fellow schnauzer moms and other short hair doggie moms.  A few weeks ago, I was at a doggie boutique in Carmel and found a super soft brush.  It was uber expensive, so I was not a purchaser of said item.  I have been thinking about something comparable to use when Liesl's hair is shorter.  When it is shorter her regular brush is to harsh for her.  So I considered a baby hairbrush.  But then I found this bad boy on Amazon.  (I so love Amazon.)  It is about the size of my hand and is an equine facial finishing brush made of goat hair.  Liesl loves the way it smells, LOL.  It is soft enough for her back.  I also found that it is so soft that she does not resist when I brush her beard with it.  (There is a little static.)  She is also a lot calmer about my brushing her legs.  Usually she will stand still for that for a couple of seconds then goes trotting off.  She actually stood still today.  It is magic!  Best of all, it is only $8.99.  
Lastly, another little Amazon goodie.  This has been around for a while, but every time I read it I crack up.  It is not the product itself.  It is one of the over the top Amazon product reviews that come out from time to time.  There are about 4,000 reviews of the product and they will make you laugh out loud.  Hutzler-571-Banana-Slicer  If you are really bored or need more laughter (who doesn't!) here is another one for those Bic Lady Pens:  BIC-Cristal Pens  Enjoy!



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So enjoy your blog! A banana slicer is something you didn't know you needed until you got one! I love it!!!