Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Still Life With Schnauzer

Oh, my gosh.  I am exhausted.  The other night we had the wind that kept me up all night.  Last week, my neighbor's car alarm kept going off in the middle of the night.  Last night, Liesl decided "Oh, hey, we should really get up and see if there is anything going on in the backyard."  It was so hard to get back to sleep.  Hopefully, Liesl will stay in bed tonight.  

It was a really good day at work today.  I am in the middle of a really big project right now.  I love big accounting projects.  It is like a big puzzle.  After work, the sun was shining and it was gorgeous out.  I went to my mailbox and was so happy to see that my Just Cross Stitch magazine arrived.  It made me happy.  I wasn't hungry when I got home, so I sat down and opened up my magazine.  It was so nice to sit down and enjoy my magazine rather than putting it in a pile for another time.  There are some pretty things in it!

I made myself a light dinner, then settled down to play with Liesl.  She was tired from her late night partying.  I decided it was a good time to trim her eyebrows and around her eyes.  I have to do her haircuts in short parts.  It was eyebrow night.  

So I finally got to stitch.  The silk gauze is a new experience for me.  It does take some getting used to.  It will be interesting to see what the finished product looks like.  I like the colors that the designer picked, so far.  It is nice to have my stitching mojo back.  

If you could say a little prayer for my sister tonight, I would appreciate it.  Her beloved pug, Yin, went to the rainbow bridge last night.  Her pug brother, Yang, and my sister are pretty broken hearted today.

No comments: