Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baby It's Hot Outside

Holy Smokes!  It is hot!  It was funny because all of the ladies in my company who normally wear suits and business attire were all in dresses today, including me.  Thank goodness pantyhose is out of fashion.  It was so nice to wear a dress that I came home and put on a cute skirt before taking Liesl out for a walk.  I was thinking to myself, "Why do I not wear skirts more often?"  They are certainly more comfortable than pants.

When it gets hot like this we have what is called "Earthquake Weather." It was muggy a couple of days ago and then just hot the past couple of days.  When it gets like this and the air gets really still, generally we have an earthquake that we can actually feel.  Actually little earthquakes are always happening all over the world, as the earth's tectonic plates constantly shift around.  But I digress.  So tonight was had a small earthquake, a 3.9 on the Richter Scale.  Generally, we can barely feel them at that point.  Most Californians do not even get off the sofa for anything less than a 5.  In general we just look at each other and say, "Did we just have an earthquake?"  Having lived through Loma Prieta I still wait though breathlessly through it though.

After work, I thought it was just too hot to take Liesl walking in the park.  So I figured I would take her into Petco to get her nails trimmed.  She got lucky tonight because they did not have a groomer available.  Usually they just let me drop in.  However, the groomer was on a meal break.  So Liesl was a happy girl.  I figured it would be cooler to walk Liesl at the mall while I was there.

Now I have to tell you, Liesl LOVES the mall.  It is an outdoor mall in Monterey.  There is so much for her to look at, so many smells, so many people.  She loves being there and trots around so happily.  Generally at some point someone tells her how pretty she is.  She seems to understand and trots with her ears back after that.  She is a bit of a diva.  LOL

So I am so happy tomorrow is Friday.  It is supposed to be scorching all weekend, so we may just contain our activities to the cooler part of the days.  Then I am all about a nap during the hottest part of the day.  All in all, it will be nice to be off.  I am really looking forward to the extra day off next week.  I shall have to think of something special to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're getting that heat in another day...I'll be hibernating, lol

Miss LindaLee said...

It has been very hot and humid here in eastern NC for a few days now. Want to get the pool taken care of so we can enjoy it, but it has been too hot! That sounds silly doesn't it? I am so thankful for our air conditioning.