Saturday, June 1, 2013

Such A Peaceful Day

I woke up tired today.  Totally exhausted.  I felt that I just needed to rest.  May was one of the craziest, most stressful months that I have had in a long time.  I got up today, showered, gave Liesl a bath and hair cut, and realized that I was just too tired to do anything else.  I went back to bed with a book and read the whole thing, taking a nap in between.  I finally got up around 4 and took Liesl for a gorgeous walk at he park.

It was so warm and beautiful at the park.  Liesl loves her walks at the park, but today she was mad at me.  A couple of weeks ago I had to start putting her back into a harness.  When she sees ducks, she takes off running.  Being a terrier, no matter how much I am calling her to stop running, she will tune it out because she is focused.  Her retractable leash is not that long, and she runs out of line quickly, jerking her back.  So in order for her not to hurt herself and cause permanent damage, I have her in a harness.  When I put her in it, she hunches over to look pitiful and like she is the most abused dog ever.  It is sincerely worthy of an Oscar. (Schnauzers are known for being VERY dramatic.)  

She got over the harness issue quickly and we were able to sit and watch the water for a long time.  I am finding that she wants to sit on the bench longer and longer to watch the boats and water fowl go by.  I start getting anxious and asking her if she want to walk.  She will hunker down into my lap.  I figure she is teaching me patience and to truly stop and smell the roses.  I remembered that we were not on a tight schedule and leaned back, gave her a couple of kissies on her sweet head.  I learn a lot from her.

So I am hoping to wake up more rested tomorrow.  It has been a quiet evening.  Liesl has been working on  a chewie and put herself to bed.  I am right behind her.  I hope that June is a bit quieter.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend.

I love to read about Liesl. Her little antics crack me up. Especially hide and seek.

Cindy said...

Hope today is better. Thinking of you.