Sunday, June 16, 2013

Where Did The Weekend Go?!

Wow!  This weekend just zoomed by.  I got a few things done today, which was nice.  The race was kind of boring today, and it was absolutely beautiful out so off we went to Carmel Beach.  There were a lot of families there today celebrating Father's Day.  We just took a little walk and then sat up on a bench above the beach enjoying the sunshine.  The water was so clear and the sun felt so good.  One of us was soaking wet from a dip in the ocean, so it was good for her to get warmed up in the sun and get some of the wet sand to dry and fall off.

On the way home, I stop at Home Depot.  I think everyone else on the Monterey Peninsula had the same idea as me.  It was packed.  Anyway, the plants on my porch were looking a little less than perky so it was time to replant.  I got some beautiful blackish purple verbena for my main pots.  Then I picked up some plants for my color bowl and walkway edging, just to pretty it up.  I came right home and started planting.  I sat on the porch and let Liesl sit with me.  She decided the best way for me to work on my color bowl was for me to have one arm around her while I worked.  LOL.  I did not mind, and it was nice to have her companionship, until she decided to bark at the kids across the street...

I totally planned on having photos for you tonight of my updated stitching.  Unfortunately, a few minutes ago the lens would not pop out of the camera.  The battery is totally dead and is now recharging.  So I will try again tomorrow.  In the meantime, I am sort of proud of myself because I changed all of the batteries in all of my smoke detectors today.  For once I am ahead of the chirping in the middle of the night of the smoke detector with the dying batteries.  Why do they usually start at 3 am?

Tonight I stitched my heart out.  It was episode 3 of the new season of Real Housewives of New Jersey.  You know I love me some RHONJ.  They are actually from the same area of NJ that I am originally from.  I grew up in Paterson, NJ, the last of six generations that lived there.  If nothing else it gives me comfort to hear the accent of my youth.  So I stitched, put my feet up and just can not believe that the weekend is over already.  

So tonight I am so grateful for so much.  I am grateful for being able to see the beauty of the Pacific Ocean today.  I am grateful that my porch is looking cute again with all of the new flowers. I am grateful for food, shelter and love in my life.  

No comments: