Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

I had a perfectly lovely lunchbreak today. It was a lovely day, sunny and a comfortable temperature. I had fallen behind in my Prairie Home Companion podcasts, so I strapped on the Ipod, propped up my stitchy bag against the steering wheel in my car, and stitched away. I got to work a bit on the skirt today. I love those big blocks of color. I felt like I got quite a bit done. I felt really relaxed at the end of the hour and ready to face the afternoon.

I am going to settle into my stitching in a few minutes here. We just returned from Ash Wednesday services, which were very nice, though very solemn. There is something very peaceful about the service.

I am hoping to get most of the white in the skirt done by the end of the week. I find that I am able to keep my stitching mojo when I set small goals. If I can finish that then I can start moving to the green and the area of my, er, um, error...

One last note: I am using the loop method for the first time on the Lady. I can not believe how much neater the back looks! There are only half of the little tails so it does not have all of those little ends hanging out there. What a cool thing!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Isn't the loop method the most wonderful invention? I don't know how I ever stitched without it. :)

Patti said...

Hi Carolyn,

It is great to see you back! You have been in my prayers!