Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF!

Well, today was a great day. I got my work done and my office cleaned so I was feeling pretty productive. The best two parts of the day though was that we had a nice lunch today. The two of us birthday girls in the office got taken out to lunch. Both of us love Mexican food so it was a nice treat. In the afternoon they had a wonderful, homemade birthday cake for us that was quite lovely. It made me feel pretty special. I love going to my job everyday but today was really special.

Although my birthday is not until Monday, tomorrow is my family dinner/birthday party. It is my favorite dinner of the year. My kiddoes come over. DH makes my very favorite dinner, homemade lasagna with homemade pasta. It is so good, but so labor intensive that I only ask for it once a year. DH also always makes my birthday cake from scratch. This year I asked for chocolate. (Past years have included Black Forest Cake and German Chocolate!)

DH spent this evening baking so I sat in the living room and stitched. (I offered to help DH but I was shooed out of the kitchen.) It was nice to work on the Lady. I found an error in my stitching but it was only a small one. I feel a little frustrated due to all of the confetti stitching. It makes for slow going and because all of the stitches are spread out, I do not get a sense of having gotten alot done. I am wondering if I should return to my hardanger project so that I can take a little break from this project. I shall have to mull that over...

In any case, I am looking forward to the weekend, and to being able to get somethings done around the house. Of course, the craft room beckons me to work on it, but since it is the only room left, it should not be too bad of a project. It just seems really unorganized right now. Wish me luck as I psych myself up to go in there. LOL


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Patti! I hope you enjoy your dinner!

Patti said...

Thank you so much, Suzanne! That is so sweet of you to say so!