Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

It has been an interesting day. We had a funeral to attend for a lady at church this morning. It was a beautiful service and almost two hundred people attended. We should all be so fortunate to have so many friends. It is the reward of living a truly loving life.

It is not lost on me that we are honoring death and celebrating birth today. It gives me a lot to ponder.

My hubby has been making my birthday lasagna all afternoon. I cleaned the house then sat down with my laptop. I went looking for a freebie pattern on a designer's blog and then saw that the blog had a totally cute background. I clicked on the link to the background provider and got all motivated to change the background on my blog because they had such adorable items. Well, one thing leads to another which led to a new template, resizing of photos, next thing you know, the afternoon is gone.

The kids will be here in about an hour. All of the cooking smells are making me crazy with hunger. I am starting to get really excited. I love family dinners because we laugh alot and play board games. It is too much fun. Liesie loves the house being full of people, too! When we all go to hug goodbye she gets up on her hind legs with each person and has to be hugged. She's people. LOL

I had thought that I was going to stitch, but with my little blog project time got away. I will get to stitch tomorrow afternoon during the race. Whoohoo! Hopefully, we will have a little leftover lasagna. We have our Mardi Gras celebration brunch at church tomorrow complete with Dixieland band. I am looking forward to all of the fun and yummy food.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I like the pic of Liesie! Cute blog background!

Patti said...

Thank you, Suzanne! I think that is my favorite photo of Liesie. She was soaking wet and hat decided to dig in the sand, so she was such a mess. Yet she looked so happy about the whole scenario. She makes me laugh-alot.