Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stitchy Marathon Today!

Well, 'twas a rainy and windy day today. We were up a bit late playing Scattergories last night. I have not played that game in years. We had so much fun. Dinner was delicious. DH and I refused to weigh ourselves today. LOL It was so nice having everyone together and we just had such a nice time. It is my favorite way to spend a special time like a holiday or birthday.

We had a very quiet day at home, which was quite relaxing. Liesie just dozed on the sofa all day in her blankies. I stitched all afternoon and watched the race, which was quite boring. I got so much done and was speeding along quite quickly until I realized that somewhere in all of the confetti stitching, that I have a mistake. It would have taken forever to find, but I remembered a hint that someone on the 123 stitch board had given as advice. I got out white sewing thread and started making running stitches in order to form a graph on the fabric. I still have a ways to go but I think I am getting closer to isolating the error. I am hopeful that it is not something that is drastic and that I can just stitch around it. The graphing idea is quite smart and I think having the graph may help me to avoid future errors as I will be able to have a better reference point for my stitches.

I will get to putter around tomorrow. I work for a rare company that believes that no one should have to work on their birthday, so I have it off. It is supposed to rain for the next 4 days so it will be nice to be home with Liesie for one of those days. I am going to putter in the craft room and stitch the afternoon away with a cup of tea. My DD is coming over with our favorite sushi for dinner and we are going to play with her sewing machine. So I need to think about our sewing plan. It should be super fun.

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow, Patti! I hope you get to spend it doing your favorite things. :) {{{HUGS}}}

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday!