Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Busy Week!

It has been a whirlwind week. But as always, life is good!

Tonight after work, I came right home and changed into my play clothes and gardening boots. The day had come for me to prune the camellias. I have four trees in my yard. Apparently, if you do not prune them regularly, it can cause the flower to wither and die while it is still trying to bud. This happened to me this season, plus the trees were looking kind of scraggly. One was also seriously encroaching on the mailbox, much to the mail carrier's dismay, I am sure. So all have been trimmed back and are looking much better. I have to pick up some fertilizer stakes from Home Depot soon.

Speaking of Home Depot, I am getting a new stove! I have only had two burners working for quite some time. So the nice folks I rent from told me to go find the stove that I like at Home Depot. It was purchased last night and will be delivered next Thursday. I am very excited about this. I will have to cook lots of dinners for friends. I am really fortunate because my stove hook up is gas, which I love cooking with.

I have not had much time to stitch this week. Here I thought I would have all of this extra time because of my class ending. The time just gets filled up pretty easily. I am going to try to stitch this weekend. Plus I have to go pick up some more DMC 930.
Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: