Monday, June 21, 2010

Still On Cloud Nine!

I am still coming down from all of the excitement of yesterday. I still find it hard to believe that I was there. The day just flew by and was so memorable. I still can not believe how close I was standing near THE Jimmie Johnson, four time champion! I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that when he won, he did burn outs at a couple of places on the course. One place was right in front of our section. It was SO COOL!

Here are some more photos I took yesterday:









I tried to get a photo of Tony's car as it was wheeled out to go into the lineup, but his car was the one car that was mobbed with people! He got a lot of cheers and applause during driver introductions. I also got to see the back of his head as he exited the driver meeting. It was a big moment! LOL

Now I think I have to see a race at an oval someday. My dream is to go to Talledega though. Maybe when I retire I will go to all of them.

What is really funny about all of this is that I really got my love of racing from the cross stitchers on a message board several years ago. The ladies would be chatting about the races with such enthusiam that I had to check it out. I soon realized that I could stitch for several hours to a race, and you do not have to look up constantly. Then I found myself putting down my stitching more and more. While I appreciate the talents of all of the drivers, Tony Stewart really is the man!

I am so glad that I went yesterday!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I too love racing. I love to stitch and watch. I have never been in person but I would LOVE to. My uncle goes every year to the Indy 500 and he is on a first base name with many of the crews. I love listening to his stories after the race.
Did you visit the "shops" to buy any merchandise? Viewing what my uncle buys they sell the best T-shits at the races. Now we need one that says something about how fast our needles can go. LOL

hugs
-missu-

Patti said...

Hi Missy!

If you ever get the chance to go to a race, jump on it. I was not prepared from just how exciting it would be. It is so much fun, so you should really try it!

By the way, I love your blog! I especially love the name of it. It is so clever!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment!