Monday, August 8, 2011

Too Good Not To Share

I love really interesting jewelry. I love the fact unique jewelry is kind of celebrated right now. I put this chic little necklace together with two pieces from Michaels. The Biwa pearls still in the shell usually retails for $7.99. It comes with the silver bale already attached. The black satin cord was about $3 or $4. I get so many compliments on it. The other day someone said that she had just seen this necklace in a window of one of the local jewelry stores (for quite a bit more, I am sure!) It is a fun piece and I usually wear it with a black dress or sweater. It makes me feel chic!

I wish I could send some of our weather to the folks in Texas and in the South. It is so cold here. I am in my wooliest socks, a sweater, and under all of my blankets. Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco." He wasn't kidding. We are 100 miles south of SF on the coast. It is so cold in July and August. Drizzly, too. I always feel sorry for the visitors to our area that show up in shorts and tank tops. They do a brisk business selling sweatshirts on Fisherman's Wharf. I am always shivering as I look at kids at the beach playing in the surf with the 58F degree temperature water. Brrrrr

If you ever decide to visit the Monterey Peninsula, remember that July and August are our chili and clam chowder cooking months. It is cold here then. September and October is the time of year the locals look forward to. That is when we get our warm, sunny weather. I can't wait.

Well, off to tuck the fur girl in under her blanket. Puppies get cold, too...

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Very pretty necklace.

Love the Mennonite Girls Can Cook website. I'm so glad you mentioned it.

Thanks for thinking of us in Texas. We are sweltering. I have lost numerous plants due to the unrelenting heat. Makes me sad. When it's 100 degrees at 10PM, that's just wrong!