Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Blessed Day

Today was wonderful. The day started at church. Then I met two of my oldest friends for lunch. It was so good to see them and it was fun catching up on all of the happenings in our lives. They are a special couple and I was so happy to spend some time with them.

I got home and tried to catch up on my chores. I have some work being done on my house this week, so I had to weed-whack some of the weeds that were getting a bit disorderly. Then I did my watering and washed my car. The day had arrived that I needed to put the Tony Stewart license plate holder on my car. It is looking good. I also had to remove the schnauzer nose art from the inside of my co-pilot's window of my car. LOL

After the yardwork, I came inside to tidy up, although the living room floor is covered with a certain someone's puppy toys. I also got to play with my little furgirl. She loves to be chased. So I chased her around the yard until she was too tired to play anymore. Okay, I was also too tired.

I did not finish my chores on my list. In fact, I barely got them started, but I am so blessed for the weekend I had. Relationships are way more important than anything. Thank goodness for my wonderful friends. I was so glad for the time I got to spend with all of the people that I did this weekend. The sharing of our stories, the laughter, and warmth made me feel so happy. Life is indeed good and there is so much to rejoice about!

No comments: