Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Couple More Flower Pictures


Just a quick post tonight since it is late. I had a few more photos that I took last evening when I was watering. The top photo is Lantana. I see this in a lot of front yards in my neighborhood, so I am thinking it probably grows well here. It looks like such a happy flower.

This plant is dianthus. I am thinking it is in the carnation family as it has a similar leaf structure. It also has that lovely milky smell that carnations have. What a lovely flower.

It was a good day. I got alot done at work, which made me feel pretty good. The day was very productive.

After work I met my daughter for one of our weekly walks along Monterey Bay. My daughter has been falling in love with Liesl and her antics lately. She kept commenting that Liesl is such a happy little dog on a walk. She just trotted along, acting like she was one of the girls. Liesl does something on walks that cracks up everyone who knows about it. She tries to poke people in the back of the leg with her nose. We have not been able to figure out her selection criteria for who she wants to poke in the leg. All of the sudden she will pick up the pace of her trot, then her nose stretches out, at which point her momma usually tells her to knock it off. Then she will turn around with a mischievious schnauzer grin that says, "Pretty funny, huh!" Anyone who has a schnauzer knows this smile and can attest to the charm of it.

No stitching tonight as I had a choir type practice. Then I ran home to catch up on the latest episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey. (OMG! That show is crazy!) So now I am off to say my prayers and get my beauty sleep.

No comments: