Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Thoughts

Finally. I have been on the waiting list of holds at the library for the book, "The Help." Everyone has been raving about this book and I think I may be one of the last people on earth that has not read it yet. Today, I got my little email letting me know it was my turn. Whoohoo. So I braved the crowds that are currently in town for some upcoming event at Laguna Seca and went and checked out my book. I can't wait to start it.

It is actually good reading weather right now. It was cold, gray and drizzly all day here. Usually, this kind of weather burns off early in the day, but not the past couple of days. It has just been cold and I find myself pulling out my sweaters. I miss the sunshine.

About a week ago, I was vacuuming and I accidently caught the plug of my Ott-Lite, yanking it out of the wall. When I picked up the plug itself, the little prongy things fell into the little black box. I was sad. Tonight I mentioned it in our little band at church and a couple of people said that it is actually an easy fix. Yay. I thought the lamp was ruined. I now feel much better. In fact, they said if I bring it to church, someone would look at it for me. I actually got the lamp at Big Lots for a major discount, and I just love it.

Well, I am off to read my book and cuddle my little furbaby.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Enjoy reading The Help, I did.