Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Lovely Saturday!

It had been an incredibly busy week last week. I had worked some long hours last week, and as a result, a lot of my housekeeping and chores went by the wayside. Today it was so nice to sleep late, and clean up the house. Liesl even got a bath after our walk, much to her chagrin. It is always amazing to me how much dirt is left in the tub after washing a small dog.

I got to help a friend hang pictures in her new place today. We had a lot of fun. I had watched HGTV all morning while I was cleaning so I was in a decorating mood. Now I am kicking myself for walking away from a $7 picture in Target yesterday that would look great in my kitchen. I am also thinking that I want to make a small quilted wall hanging for a wall in my bedroom. I think it would be really pretty in pastels and off white so I may have to go through my fabric stash.

I have not had much of an opportunity to stitch in the past few days. I was hoping to have finished Dog Lessons for People by now, but alas. I am hoping tomorrow afternoon after church to be able to both work in the garden and stitch. I also have some cookie dough in the fridge that I need to bake. I love domestic weekends. Liesl loves them, too. She gets to take puppy naps all day and play in her yard. It is fun to watch her do both.

No comments: