Sunday, June 5, 2011

Liesl and The Bees



One of us just can not seem to learn our lesson about messin' with bees. I found my little bee hunter out in the nasturtium patch snapping at the bees this morning. Luckily, I caught her in time and made her get out of bee dive bombing range. In the past, Liesl has inevitably gotten on the business end of the bee and ends up with a sting on her puppy lips. This will lead to my having a dog loopy on Benadryl the rest of the day. Luckily the storm was averted today. (PS: The only reason she is not wearing a collar and tags is because she had her bath yesterday, so I let her go overnight without the tags. They get itchy, particularly if she is still damp when I put it back on.)

It was a good day. The rain did not manifest as expected, but it was muggy all day. I was out of everything, so I had to do one of those ugly Costco runs for bread, milk, eggs, Liesl's favorite dog treats, fruits, veggies, etc. I got all of the staples I needed, and even found two gorgeous silk blouses on clearance for $5 each. I am always surprised when I see clearance at Costco. As I was unpacking the groceries, my best friend called and invited Liesl and me over for lunch. Yay! It was a nice surprise. Liesl got to play with her dog buddy over there and I got to see and chat with my friend. It was perfect. Liesl came home and crashed.

By 4:30 the rain had still not materialized, so I decided to go work on a patch in my garden. I have been wanting to plant my herbs. So I cleared the patch of some ugly weeds and got my herbs in. I also fed my citrus plants although I had a small schnauzer head in my way while I was trying to do it. Schnauzers feel the need to be up in the middle of whatever you are doing. I have learned to go with it, and actually, truth be told, I like it. She makes me laugh when she feels the need to be involved in my tasks.

It was a really great weekend. I feel like I got lots of rest and feel really good. I got everything accomplished that I wanted to get done. So it has been a nice balance. I am going to spend the last hour of my weekend stitching.

Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like you an Liesl had a fun day. I think it's funny that she wants to be in the middle of everything. I have a cat like that.