Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blackwork Pattern

As always, thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments. They mean a lot to me. A question came in about the pattern that I am working on so I thought I would pass on the information to all.

My pattern comes from the book above by Lesley Wilkins. She has written several books with blackwork patterns. I found mine on Amazon several years ago. For some reason the price on this book has escalated in the past few years though. You might try your local booksellers. Otherwise, she does have several different books to choose from. (My apologies, no plans to sell my copy any time soon. There are several patterns I want to stitch. I am sorry I could not be helpful.)

It is cold here. Like I had to turn the heat on tonight cold. I had to work pretty late, then decided that since I was tired, worn out and hungry that I should torture myself with a trip to Costco after work. I was almost out of Liesl's favorite chicken jerky, and I would not want to know what would happen if I did happen to run out. She has been really patient with a distracted and busy momma lately, too. (I did get to pick up some nice new lip glosses at Costco (4 for $9.99) so I am feeling pretty glam.)

I did get to stitch tonight for a little while after I played with Liesl and her squeaky ball. It was nice to put a few stitches in and watch the design grow a bit more. I am looking forward to starting a new motif on another line. I believe there are about a dozen rows of motifs, some way larger than others in this design. Usually, I can't stand backstitching but this is pretty fun and I think it looks so pretty.

If you are interested in blackwork, another good designer is Laura J. Perin. I have had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Perin on a couple of occasions at the old CATS shows several years ago. She is a delightful person and really talented designer. I encourage you to try blackwork, it is really a lot of fun.


1 comment:

Carole Anne said...

So happy for you!
It is so nice to hear about your new home and new adventure.
Many Blessings to you and Liesl!