Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Potpourri

I'm sick. I have a bad sore throat and just feel like crud. I am already in bed for the evening. I just had a flu shot a couple of weeks ago. My friend at work thinks it is stress though. She said that even though it is happy, lifetime dream coming true stuff, it is still really stressful. I am trying to keep all of the balls in the air and am just showing the physical effects of it. Grrr. I am going to go to sleep right after this post and hope to be perky again in the morning.

Well, it turns out that it was especially good that my move is not happening this week. (It is so funny how generally things just tend to work out for the best!) There is a cold front moving in and rain is in the weekend forecast. So it is really working out. I called my 23 year old son (a super cool guy!) last night to let him know that the schedule got readjusted. He was planning on coming on Friday to help me move some things prior to the big Saturday move with my other helpers. I figured that he would want to know early that he was getting his Friday evening back so he could make other plans. What was so cool, was that after I told him that the move was postponed, he said, "Well, we should get together anyway! Let's have dinner!" It made me so happy and just made my day all day today. He is taking me to a place I have not tried yet but I have heard great things about. Yum! What a blessing. I am so looking forward to it!

Tonight I was talking to a dear friend on the phone. We speak a few times a week, generally. She is a wonderful person, and retired about five years ago as a professional interior decorator. I have another friend whose house was decorated by her and it is absolutely beautiful. Well, I was telling her how I am absolutely in love with my new house and how much I can not wait to show it to her. Then I asked her if after I get moved in if she would not mind making a girl's day and going to look at some pieces of furniture with me because I would love to have her opinion. She was so happy and excited and said that she will help me make my house exactly what I want it to be, my beautiful sanctuary. I feel so honored! I had really wrestled with asking her because I did not want to impose, nor have her feel that I was taking advantage of our friendship in anyway. Now I am super excited and know that we have lots of fun ahead. I really envision something comfortable where my friends can all come over.

This post would not be complete if I did not mention how much I want a Kindle Fire. They came out today as an alternative to the iPad, but are not shipping until Nov 15. It is beyond cool and is calling to me...Why did this instrument of coolness have to come out at this particular moment?...

No comments: