Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well, things are getting more and more exciting. I am in a flurry of paperwork these days, securing hazard insurance and keeping up with everything that has to get done. I now understand how necessary escrow is in keeping everything on track and making sure that all legalities are covered. There are so many details that go into the buying and selling of a house.

I was feeling a bit stressed the other day by all of the things that have to get done in the next few weeks. I was sharing this with a dear friend because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. She is such a great friend and told me 1) to pray and 2) to enjoy this time because it is such a special time. She was right and now I just feel happy, blessed and excited. I go to sleep thinking about playing ball with Liesl in her new backyard. I think of how I will set up my office/craft room. I think about the chandeliers I will put up (I have my heart set on one at Home Depot!) I think of how I will cook dinners in the kitchen while looking at my peek of a view of my beloved Monterey Bay. The kitchen and appliances were designed and purchased with a cook in mind. I think of how I will invite my family and friends over for supper, or a cup of coffee and cookies. I wonder how my tomatoes will grow there, how the rain will sound outside my window, and if I will be able to see the purse seiners (fishing boats) from my kitchen window.

I was talking to a friend at work and asked if there is such a thing as a local handyman class where I can pick up some mad skillz for working on my house. I had gone online to DIY to learn how to install a refrigerator line for the built in icemaker and water for the fridge I am purchasing. I was made to raise my right hand and swear that I will never mess with the plumbing, that I will call a licensed plumber, yadda, yadda, yadda. I have a feeling that my work ID photo has probably been circulated at the cash registers at Home Depot with instructions not to sell me copper tubing or a pipe wrench. So embarrassing!

I am finding that I spend a lot of time on Home Depot. com, Ikea.com, Ashley Furniture, and Overstock, looking at home furnishings, lighting, a fountain for my yard, etc. I am having a blast. It is so exciting and fun. My friend is right that this a special time. I am so grateful and feeling blessed. It will finally seem real when I pull the truck up to start loading my stuff!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad that you are enjoying this time. I am sure there will still be moments of stress, but the reminder to pray really works for me.

Can't wait to see pics of the house.

Carolyn said...

So happy for you---owing your own nest is great. But two things not to mess with are:PLUMBING and ELECTRICAL!!! Home Depot give classes on lots of other household projects. Enjoy!

Mad about Craft said...

So exciting! but scary at the same time but it will work out in the end, It sounds like it is meant to be.