Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Day Of Awesome!

Well, it was an eventful night at the cozy cottage. About 1 am a family of tap dancing raccoon decided to try out some new choreography on the roof of the cozy cottage. Liesl was beside herself over this turn of events and decided that shrill barking and running back and forth in the house was in order. Surprisingly, this did nothing to deter the chorus line of masked rodents on the roof and made Liesl's momma a bit grumpy. Luckily, we were able to go back to sleep, at least until 6:30 am when Liesl had to go out. Unfortunately, I had it in my head that I had turned off the entry alarm. This proved not to be the case, however, when I opened the back door and something akin to the old air raid siren went off inside the house. I am sure the neighbors were thrilled.

My Liesie girl and I were able to get back to sleep and woke up to a grey and dreary day. It was kind of yucky, but I had promised Liesl and myself that no matter what I was taking her to the beach this morning. She has been so patient and dealt with boxes encroaching on her play space. I love taking her to the beach. She knows the word "beach" and gets excited and runs to the door. She also gets so excited on the way to the beach. I usually open the window so that she can smell that we are close. She is like a little kid. She will ride with her head out the window stamping her little hind feet in excitement. It is about the cutest thing ever. Since it was a funky day we had much of the beach to ourselves. She ran in the waves and made me use that ball throwing thing over and over. She likes to carry the ball and show it off to other dogs. I think it is a canine fashion accessory.

After her bath, Liesl slept the rest of the day. This was a good thing because I had much to do. I signed my closing papers yesterday at the title company. Now we just wait for the transfer of funds to be complete early this week, then I get my keys. I had momentary panic wondering if I had done the right thing and made the right choice. But then I saw the house again today and fell in love with it all over again. My real estate agent met me there and helped me remeasure the cut out for the refrigerator. Somehow I had missed in the past visits that the granite counter tops had sparkly flecks of gold in it. It looks so pretty. The staging furniture was all removed, too, so it looked bigger.

Afterwards I got to go to the Disneyland for homeowners, Home Depot. I still think they have the most amazing staff on the planet there. I am pretty impressed with how helpful they are.

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the large selection of stainless steel refrigerators at HD so came home to cuddle with Liesl for a while. In the meantime, one of my closest friends dropped over. She is pretty awesome. I was telling her that I was having a hard time figuring out fridges. She mentioned that I should consider not getting a side by side, because you can not fit a pizza in it. She was right and it helped me to choose the one I had my eye on. A freezer on the bottom fridge, which is on special and has a Tier III energy rating. She is my friend that is helping me with my decorating and was suggesting color palattes and just gave me super ideas. I am so excited!

Off to bed early, hopefully the racoons will behave tonight.

No comments: