Friday, October 21, 2011

Settling In And Still Looking For My Camera

It was a good day at the new cozy cottage. Liesl is settling in and is a lot calmer. She had a really good night last night. She has been opting to cuddle up with me to sleep, which is pretty cool. She loves her yard and disappears for long periods to explore her little world out there.

The bummer part of the day was that I woke up with the head cold from heck from stress, moving, not eating right and not getting enough rest. I ran to Target to pick up necessities, and then ran by the old house to pick up one load. By then I was super dizzy, so I came home, and decided to lay down on the sofa for a couple of hours under a blanket, watching HGTV. I also called my friend, who placed a call to one of his friends who is a hauler to move the rest of my stuff like my washer and dryer, and my patio furniture from the old to new house tomorrow. This is the last of the stuff, so I just have to vacuum and wipe down the kitchen and I am totally moved out.

After I rested on the sofa for a couple of hours (HGTV is awesome!) I puttered around the new cozy cottage and got a lot organized. The kitchen and living room look pretty good. I really am in love with my kitchen. I was able to look closely at the pattern in the granite counters and it is just so pretty. I think I will be spending a lot of time in there because it is just so beautiful.

Tonight my daughter and son in law came over with dinner to see the new cozy cottage. They loved it, too, and thought that it has a great layout. We got to sit and chat for a few hours which made me feel so happy. I love having my kids around. My daughter, son, and son in law are such amazing people and I really feel so full of joy when they are with me. It looks like we are going to start having monthly Sunday dinners at my house so that we can all get together on a regular basis. It makes me happy just thinking about it.

No comments: