Saturday, October 29, 2011

'Twas A Good Day

Okay, I did not get one single thing done today. Zip, zero, nada. But I did have fun...

The day was so beautiful, so little Miss Liesie and I headed over to the dog beach in Carmel. She ran and ran and played with other dogs. She particularly likes to chase the labs back into the surf. She has always done this. I don't know if she thinks she is a lab, too, but I do get a kick out of how confused the much bigger dogs look after they get "schooled" by Liesl. LOL

Because the furry fraulein is a wee bit spoiled, I wrapped her little wet self up into her puppy blanket into her apres beach burrito. She was dozing off in the car all the way home and just wanted to go to sleep after I put her in her bath,

I must have wanted to totally get my money's worth on my massage late this afternoon. I was almost out of Liesie's favorite puppy treats so I decided to run out Costco before I went to my massage for an extra dose of stress. Costco on a Saturday is like the running of the bulls in Pamplona. There are no winners, just people with new stories of danger and feats of strength. I fear for my own life in there. I made it through and headed out to the spa.

I get about two to three massages a year as a special treat to myself. This was an emergency situation to get that tightness out of my lower back before it finally caught at an inconvenient time. My massage therapist is a miracle worker and an amazing person. I have known her for 10 years. It was kind of cool because she told me that I look more vibrant than she has ever seen me. It made me feel really good and I immediately made a note to buy more of whatever moisturizer I last got on sale. Anyway, she made my day and got my back all straightened out. She also suggested that I not do any moving and unpacking for the rest of the day. This was no problemo because I sort of floated out to my car and back home. I have been ready to go to bed since about 7 this evening.

So now it is 9:15 and I feel like I have reached the end of the day. I will have to putter around the house tomorrow.

No comments: