Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Day Of Love

Today was such a wonderful day. I decided this weekend that I needed to be a bit more at peace during this home purchase. I have been postponing joy until I got the papers signed, until I actually got moved, until I get things set up just the way that I want, until, until, until...Today I had a day of joy, peace and normalcy.

With the pending move and all that I need to take care of, I had missed church the past couple of weeks. This was a bit hard on me as church really centers me and gives me strength and nourishment to face the week ahead. I was so happy when I walked into church today. I feel so surrounded in love there and that I am truly at home with my church family. We take care of each other and look out for each other through thick and thin. My church family is so excited about my home purchase and I received many offers of help in many forms today.

After church I ran a couple of short errands and came home to a loving welcome from Liesl. After lunch we both decided a nap was in order. It felt good to just rest. I decided to just focus on the present moment today and spent time playing with Liesl, brushing her hair and giving her tummy rubs. I also watched documentaries, stitched, made dinner plans with my friend for this week, and talked long distance with a dear friend who just moved away.

The theme of my day has been love. Love of church family, love for my amazing family, love for those around me, love for my little dog. It has brought me great peace today and I feel like I can face the challenges of the week ahead. I am fortunate, because my friends and I always tell each other that we love each other. It is not just a great gift to hear it, but it is just as beautiful to be able to say it. Love is meant to be shared, cherished and treasured. Most of all, God loves us and blesses us every single day.

May you have a blessed week.

No comments: