Sunday, October 30, 2011

Found The Camera!

I am still thinking a warm pumpkin on the walls would look so pretty.
I am so glad that when they remodeled the kitchen that they chose this natural granite. I have always liked the really dark counter tops that I have seen in other people's kitchens, but I love the neutral tones in this granite. There are so many different ways to accentuate the colors. Because this is the natural granite there is the rust color similar to pumpkin from the iron in the granite. The swirls and whooshes in the granite keep the eye moving. If you look closely at the photo you can see the sparkle of quartz in the granite. There are some larger sections of quartz that are so pretty.
The kitchen is not decorated yet. I just put some of my silk flowers up so that the photo would not look so bland.

I am still unpacking, although I did take some time this afternoon to watch Tony Stewart win his third race of the year. Whoohoo.

Today was one of my favorite days of the church year. As a practicing Lutheran it is an important one as it is Reformation Day. I was the assisting minister today for this important service. We always sing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" on this day as it was written by Martin Luther, who was an accomplished composer. It paraphrases Psalm 46, which is my favorite Psalm. (PS: If you are going through tough times, the Book of Psalms can be a true source of strength and comfort.) Psalm 46 reminds me that no matter how big the trouble in your life is, God is there with you. My very favorite line is "Be still and know that I am God." It reminds me to not get caught up in drama or get worried or apprehensive. It reminds me to be calm, for God is in control, and my prayer every day is only that his will is done. When I worry and over think things I just get stressed, but when I hand the problems over, things usually work out better than I could have planned.

So it was a beautiful day. It ends with my feeling so grateful and with a small dog stretched out hogging the bed. She makes no apologies for it either...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad you found the camera. Love the kitchen. I think pumpkin on the walls will be beautiful.

Natasha said...

I love your kitchen. And yes the granite is lovely. You could really play around with quit a few colors :) Have fun decorating your new place. And Congratulations!!!

Carolyn said...

Love the kitchen and the beautiful appliances---pumpkin will be make it all tied together. It will even be fun painting it!!