Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Perfect Day

Today was an absolutely perfect day.  I woke up to a rainy morning.  It felt nice and cozy to get up and have a leisurely couple of cups of coffee.  Liesl decided to doze the morning away and looked so nice and comfy.

By afternoon, it was time to clean the cozy cottage.  It was time for one of those pre-holidays deep cleans.   It was actually pretty therapeutic to work and get the house that clean.  I still have to clean my office/craft room.  You know how you have that one room that everything ends up in...  Anyway, everything else is nice and sparkly clean.  I even washed the sheets.  One of the great treasures of life is getting to sleep on fresh sheets.  

After vacuuming, scrubbing, etc., I decided to sit down and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.  I put the Mozart Requiem (a true masterpiece!) on the stereo system, made a cup of tea, and stitched while the rain continued to fall outside.  I also lit candles to keep the moisture in the air to a minimum (this also makes it seem warmer.) It was so lovely.  I am making progress on the grapes square.  I will have to put a little purple in there in the next few days.  

After my decadent afternoon, I decided to make leftover pizza for dinner and catch up on the new season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  As my shows ended, Liesl decided it was time to be perky and play with her momma.  

Now I must tell you that Liesl is one of the happiest little dogs that I know.  She smiles a lot and just thinks that everything is pretty gosh darn exciting.  Just her walk is so happy, that I sometimes giggle when I watch her.  Tonight I played hide and seek with her, which is her favorite game.  Then we rough housed for a while, played with her ball and her bunny.  She got a bunch of hugs and gave me a few kisses.  She got her blankets washed today, too.  So she is all tucked in and dreaming happy puppy dreams of chasing squirrels.

The rain has stopped for a while and I am now all relaxed and ready to read my book.  Days like this are such a blessing.  It is wonderful to be home and to take the time to reflect on all that I am grateful for.  It is on days like this when I feel like I am totally in the moment, and the pace of the day is dramatically different.  What a gift!

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is going to be pretty. Great job so far.