Thursday, November 29, 2012

Waiting For The Storm To Pass

Well, we are all hunkering down for about three days of big storms here.  Our big storms consist of pouring rain and heavy duty winds.  We also get some warnings to stay away from the beaches and the rocks because Monterey Bay can become pretty angry.  Sadly, we have had some folks who do not know better or who do not heed the warnings who tragically get swept out to sea by standing in the wrong place.  Those of us who know this Bay have a really healthy respect for it.  

The rain is supposed to be really intense this weekend and we are supposed to get some significant rain totals out of it.  This suggests some extra stitching and snuggling on the sofa with a little dog and my cup of hot cocoa.  Maybe I will even get my grapes square close to being done.

I got to stitch this evening and catch up on my episodes of Duck Dynasty.  This show is so darn funny.  I have to say that Uncle Si is my favorite on the show.  I can not believe it when I hear myself laughing out loud at some of the stuff that happens on this show.  Some of the things that Si says are so quotable, Jack.

Speaking of my reality show guilty pleasure.  I am so glad that RHOBH is back on.  I could not even watch the reunion shows for New Jersey.  All of the fighting was just depressing and not entertaining.  I am loving RHOBH.  I am also so excited that Shahs of Sunset is starting back up.  I can not help it that I love these really cheesy shows.  Plus they are really easy to stitch to. 

I have decided that I am going to learn how to do lacing for mounting and framing my stitched pieces.  I have seen a couple of tutorials and it does not seem to be that hard.  I think it will ultimately make my pieces look a bit more professional by creating the proper tension all around the piece.  It should be a lot easier to put into the frame, too.  I would have to do so much shifting around of the fabric to get it to sit right in the frame.

Well, off to dream about chocolate!

2 comments:

Gray Bonnet said...

Be safe this weekend!

Lacing sounds like it would be a great thing to learn, especially to add to stitching!

sandy98221 said...

Lacing your piece is pretty easy. I've been doing it for awhile. My only tip would be is start with a really really long piece of heavy thread. I never seem to get my piece long enough! Sandy