Thursday, November 15, 2012

Here Comes The Rain Again...

Well, four days of rain are about to start here on the Monterey Peninsula.  This will probably mean indoor fun most of the weekend.  This is okay with me and I am already imagining hot cocoa, perhaps getting out the sewing machine, snuggling with a cute little dog, and some classical music in the background.  It sounds heavenly.

One of my favorite things about the Thanksgiving holiday is that the dog show is on that day.  Liesl and I will be cheering on all three sizes of schnauzer (although they are ALL big dogs!)  This is the show that John O'Hurley is a part of.  You can tell he is a bona fide dog lover.  I am looking forward to seeing all of the pretty dogs all cleaned up and brushed out. 

I was talking with one of my close friends and fellow schnauzer momma today.  She was telling me that her schnauzer has to cut back on the treats.  Schnauzers are notorious for eating more than they should.  I mentioned that I give Liesl veggies for snack.  Sometimes I will nuke a small potato or a small sweet potato.  They last for a couple of days.  Veggies are really good for dogs and are a better lo cal option for treats.  My friend said that she was reminded that her dog loves cucumbers and tomatoes.  She said that she was going to cut some up to keep at the ready for dog treats.  There are some really great Kong recipes using vegetables like potato with a little chicken broth.  This is a good alternative to peanut butter.  Liesl will not touch peanut butter so I look for other options.  You can google Kong recipes.  There are lots of them.  

It is nice to be all tucked in and ready to go to sleep.  I will read my book for as long as my eyes will stay open, which is probably about 30 seconds.  

Be well!

No comments: