Friday, November 23, 2012

Yuletide Greetings!

I hope that each of you had a really wonderful Thanksgiving.  I had a pretty awesome day myself.  I feel that I have so much to be grateful for.  While this has been a really difficult year, I still see so many blessings in it.  I truly feel grateful and I was filled with the happiness of giving thanks to God for all of the love and joy in my life.

One of my favorite traditions on Thanksgiving is to watch the dog show.  I love seeing all of the pups bathed, brushed and groomed for picture day.  Of course, my favorite group is the terrier group.  I just about fainted when the mini schnauzer got pulled out of the main group for final judging in the best of class.  Sadly, she did not make it into the top four.  Liesl said we were robbed!  I was uber happy though that the best of show was a terrier.  (I am now hearing that song,  "God Loves a Terrier" from Best of Show, playing in my mind.)

I have been working on decorating my blog for the holidays.  I am not totally feeling it for the background I have chosen.  I have looked at so many now, they are all starting to look the same.  I wanted something a bit more vintagy looking but it has not been happening thus far.  So please bear with me.  I should have it figured out by, oh, say, February or so. :)

Speaking of vintage, oh my goodness.  I am having a serious case of falling in like with fabric that I saw on the Moda Fabric Blog the other day.  It is so absolutely darling and vintage.  If you love vintage too, you must check it out.  There are several prints in the Dear Mr. Claus collection by Cosmo Cricket.  Here is a link: Dear Mr. Claus

Well, I have to go sleep off that turkey and all the carbs I ate today.  I regret nothing.  Be safe out if you go out into the Black Friday madness.  


1 comment:

Gayla said...

I have stumbled upon your blg, and it is delightful. I watched the dog show, too. Leisl sounds so cute. I love to read about your day!