Sunday, October 25, 2009

Progress

I am making progress on the cozy. It is just so darling. The silk feels very nice in the hand, too. I am hoping to complete the trees tonight while I watch "The Next Iron Chef." Once I get the trees and the lace finished, I can move onto the big vine with all of the specialty stitches. I am afraid. I know I am making progress, because the little piles of floss are getting smaller.

I really wish that photographs could do justice to stitched pieces. This photo does not show all of the variegation in the silk floss, which is sad. In a way, this is why I miss the old stitching shows, like CATS. There have been quite a few pieces that I never would have bought the patterns for if I had not seen them stitched up in person. There is one particularly fabulous blackwork piece by Laura J. Perin, that was amazing in person that I totally would have passed on if I just would have seen the pattern.

In any case, I am stitching along and getting alot done. I can not wait until it is keeping my teapot warm.

1 comment:

Pam said...

It looks great! I know what you mean about pictures of your stitching not bringing out all of the detail, like the color changes in the floss. I like it, though, and am looking forward to seeing your progress on it.