Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Weekend

Yesterday was a whirlwind. We were singing with a local chorus for a benefit for a wonderful program here that works on behalf of the homeless. Yesterday afternoon was spent rehearsing, then our performance in the evening. It was a busy day. I find it hard to eat before a performance, so I had a little chicken noodle soup before we went on stage. On the way home, though we drove through and got hamburgers. It was good to come home and have a feast in our jammies.

Today was nice and quiet. I stayed home and sterilized the kitchen and bathrooms. The laundry had been neglected while I was sick. So everything is now nice and clean. Every surface that could hold a germ has been scoured. We are expecting a big storm coming in tomorrow, so DH stowed the patio furniture and cushions. I have to remember to put my rain boots in my car. I do not mind rain, in fact, I think it is excellent stitching weather.

I did stitch today after my chores. I got to watch the race and stitch away. (Tony came in fifth!) I am getting close to putting on that big stalk that contains all of the flowers with specialty stitches. I am getting a little bit intimidated! I still have quite a bit, like the lacey edge. Then, below that there is a bargello stitch. Whoohoo.

I am hoping that I will have time to stitch this week. I really want to make a lot of progress on this. Tea drinking season is upon us, and I want to be ready!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you were able to make the fundraiser. Have a good week!