Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ahhh, Peace and Quiet...

Well, our storm came in right on schedule. It has been raining steadily all evening, which has been kind of nice, actually. I had a special treat for dinner, so I did not have to cook nor do any clean up. As a result, I was able to sit down and stitch a wee bit earlier. I turned off the television at about 8 since there was nothing on. I just listened to the rain falling as I stitched. It was so nice and peaceful. The sound of the rain falling is so soothing.

I stitched for a while tonight on my Mary Englebreit card. I have the border done. I also looked through a pile of prospective larger projects. I will say that I do tend to favor BAPs, so I am thinking that perhaps I can do both the larger and smaller in a little rotation. It is just hard to pick a larger one. There are so many that I want to do. Everytime I think I am close to narrowing it down, I remember a pattern that I tucked away, or one that I saw in a magazine. I am not even going to mention that tea cosy that I started in October that is calling to me from my stitching bag. Ah, the guilt!

I am looking forward to getting some stitching done part of the weekend. NASCAR starts up again this weekend, too. This is awesome. I was looking at the photos from Media Day at NASCAR today. It is good to see everyone back and ready to race. I have a good feeling this is Tony's year. Go Smoke!

No comments: