Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Staycation Day 5

Another good day. I had lunch with one of my very closest friends today. We ended up sitting for a couple of hours and just chatting and getting caught up. It was so nice to have girl talk. She is one of the smartest people I know, and I really enjoy talking with her. I have been blessed with really incredible women for friends. They are all so incredibly smart and I feel like I grow a bit when I listen to them.

I got to stitch this afternoon and made a lot of progress on the Serenity Prayer. It is a really quick stitch. I love the serenity prayer and love how I feel centered when I say it. Liesl cuddled up on the sofa next to me while I stitched. My girlfriend at work has been telling me about this show on History channel called Madhouse. It is a reality show about racing modifieds in Winston-Salem, NC. This show is addictive. I finally had time to watch it on On Demand. It is a good show to stitch to. Lots of drama, too!

I love the Lenten season, and appreciate the 40 day introspective journey. On Wednesday nights we sing the Holden Evening Prayer service. It is so beautiful and I really appreciate the meditative quality of the piece. Tonight was the first one of the season.

We are expecting another huge storm to move in tomorrow night. I think I will get some grocery shopping done early, and hunker down with my puppy girl. I am supposed to have coffee with my extra cool girlfriend tomorrow, too. She is another really wise woman that I really enjoy talking with. The fun part of the staycation is that I am able to really spend time catching up with friends and not having to worry about the clock. I would totally do the staycation again. I think I may try it again during the summer. I am really having a great time. While I do love to travel, it is so nice to sleep in and wake up with my own pillows, and drink tea out of my own mugs. Liesl loves playing in her own yard. All of my stitchy toys are here and my books that I love. It is my own little piece of paradise. :)

No comments: