Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Staycation Day 4 and Birthday

I had an awesome day. It was my birthday today, and my phone started going off at 7:15 this morning with text messages and phone calls. It really made me feel great. I was supposed to have lunch with a friend, but both of us have colds, so we opted to move it to later in the week when we are both feeling better.

I went to do a little shopping but it was raining so hard, that it just was not fun to be out. Liesl and I came home, where she promptly went down for a nap (I did too, later!) So I read and stitched a bit. I started Homespun Elegance's Serenity Prayer. It is done in beautiful colors and seems to be a quick stitch.

I got quite a few calls during the day, which really made me feel good. Then tonight when I went to my chorus rehearsal, the chorus (about 60 voices) sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It made me feel so good and it sounded so beautiful. I actually felt quite humbled by it.
I am meeting my one of my closest friends for lunch tomorrow. I am so excited. It is still supposed to be raining, too, but that is okay. I had hoped to get some hiking in on my vacation, but we can still get some good long walks in between showers. Liesl is just as happy napping. She has been thrilled about not getting up early for the past few days (she does not like to get up early.)

3 comments:

Pam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It sounds like you had a great day!

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday !!!!

Patti said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you and Liesl are having a relaxing week. Hope you feel better soon!