Saturday, April 10, 2010

An Awesome Day

Today was a wonderful day. It was very ordinary and made me happy. I did have to get up early to go to a meeting at church, which was a really good meeting. I got home around noon and just started puttering around the house. It has really been bothering me that my house has not been in order because I have been so busy and out so much. It made me happy to do my laundry, scrub the kitchen and vacuum. I even got to wash the sheets and pillowcases. Clean sheets are one of life's true simple pleasures.

It was so nice to be home today. Liesl and I even got to take a nap. She was really happy to have a mellow day at home, too. Tomorrow we are expecting a big storm, so it is good to be hunkered down. Life has been so hectic lately, and I have been at church 3 days a week for the past couple of weeks, so I am going to stay home tomorrow and just take a quiet day. I think I will make a big breakfast for Liesl and me, have an extra cup of coffee, stitch and reflect on my blessings.

I was so grateful today to be able to catch up with my girlfriends on the phone. I have really wonderful friends, and have been a bit stressed that I have not had any time to share with them lately. Girlfriends really are such a blessing and it is amazing how a conversation with them can just re-center a person.

I also felt so happy tonight because I was finally able to stitch. I worked for a while on my Serenity Prayer, while a small gray dog slept next to me on the sofa under her blanket. It was so nice and made me feel so relaxed and happy. I will post a photo tomorrow evening. I am making good progress on it. It is really pretty.

No comments: