Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Got To Play Outside

Today was a really pretty day. The sun was shining and it was pleasantly warm. As I was driving home I just thought how nice it would be to go home and work in the yard. I am so inspired now that I put together my little seed starter greenhouse. I was talking with DD last night and she said that she bought some local heirloom tomato seeds, so we are going to trade some. Yay! I am thrilled.

I walked over to where I planted my little herb garden and was excited to see that I have little sprouts coming out of the earth. I was so excited. I have some really neat herbs planted. I even found a purple basil. I love fresh herbs in dishes, especially dishes with heirloom tomatoes!

I have several flowering plants that are in bloom right now. They are making me happy. The geraniums are exploding with colors. There is a lily that is also blooming. There are also lots of nasturtiums in the yard, which are starting to bloom. The leaves are a little larger than dessert plates. They are just lovely.

This was a really great way to end the day. It was kind of funny because I finished up around 7pm, then thought about what to make for dinner. After all of the yard work, I was not really hungry, like I thought I would be. So I ended up making a tomato sandwich, which I think are delicious. Maybe I should do yard work every day...

No comments: