Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whadda week!

Hoo-boy! It has been a wild week. I had a responsibility after work and did not get home until 7:30 pm. I am totally exhausted.

Alot of my weeknight responsibilities will be ending in the next month. I am realizing now that I am a bit overextended. Therefore, I really need to take some time to evaluate what I add back into my life. I have not had a lot of time to give to the things in my life that I really care about, like the people who are close to me, my stitching, and my books, so I really need to give careful consideration to what I give my free time to.

I am looking forward to the weekend. I do have one responsibility, but after that I am going to spend my weekend with my little furgirl. I need to get some yardwork done on Saturday. We are expecting a rainstorm on Sunday. So Liesl and I will cuddle and watch the race on Sunday. I also want to work on my vision for my stitching corner. I realize that one of the reasons that I am not feeling comfortable in that spot is that I have a round table that overhangs the space. As a result, I feel really cramped and I actually sit in my spot at an angle. Hmm. I may have to check the local thrift stores to see if I can find a narrow book case or something that would be more appropriate in that space. I am wondering if I can find something really inexpensive that I can paint. This could be fun.

I finished a great book today. It is Barbara Kingsolver's new book, "The Lacuna." If you have a chance to read it, I really highly recommend it!

No comments: